25 July 2023
“Community Based Monitoring for Effective Local Democracy” project’s main objective is to expand and strengthen civil society engagement and foster multi-stakeholder partnerships for tackling relevant open government reforms in local levels.
The Specific Objectives are:
- To implement monitoring and oversight of the local action plan commitments in Yerevan, Vanadzor, Gyumri and Armavir communities of Armenia, ideally focusing on approaches that can be scalable across action plan cycles.
- Carry out inception assessments for three local OGPs in Armenia: Yerevan, Vanadzor and Gyumri, Armavir
- To ensure publicity of the assessment results among stakeholders.
- Organize a meeting per local partner community with the participation of stakeholders.
- Present findings and discuss next steps
“NGO Center” Civil Society Development Non-Governmental Organization with the support of Open Government Partnership (OGP) implements “Community Based Monitoring for Effective Local Democracy” project. In 2011, government leaders and civil society advocates came together to create a unique partnership (OGP) one that combines these powerful forces to promote transparent, participatory, inclusive, and accountable governance. OGP includes 76 countries and 104 local governments – representing more than two billion people – and thousands of civil society organizations.”