Location of the project: 7 enlarged communities: Aparan, Areni, Charentsavan, Meghradzor, Akhtala, Alaverdi, Shoghakat
Overall Objective; Support development of local self-governance through facilitation of citizen participation on community level.
- Foster ownership in improvement of community life among residents of 7 enlarged municipalities;
- Promote dialogue among residents and self-governance bodies of 7 enlarged communities;
- Enhance public participation practice in 7 enlarged communities.
Results of the Project:
- Residents of 7 enlarged municipalities demonstrate proactive and responsible attitude in community management processes;
- Residents and self-governance bodies of 7 enlarged municipalities deliver joint decisions and community development actions;
- Public participation is enforced through participatory governance mechanisms in 7 enlarged municipalities;
The “Community Power” project is carried out “NGO Center” Civil Society Development NGO in the framework of “Good Governance for Local Development South Caucasus” Programme implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, co-financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).