Support to provision of Grant Administration service for women empowerment
UNDP Armenia has been continuously working in the political empowerment of women, advancing the leadership of women, and supporting the local governments to engender local decision-making and development processes.
In the 2nd phase of SDC-funded “Improvement of the local self-governance system in Armenia, ” UNDP and GIZ, within their respective programmatic components, are uniting their efforts to advance women leadership for synergy, shared approached and effectiveness.
Through a two-folded approach, local women leaders will
1) strengthen their knowledge and skill on community development and leadership, direct democracy, project idea development and fundraising as well as
2) advance their leadership potential through mini-grants.
The mini-grant component will be managed by NGOC, which has more than 20 years of experience in the field of grants management. During its operation NGO Center has awarded, managed and monitored grant projects in the field of “Community Development”, “Capacity building of NGOs”, “Research”, “Service provision to vulnerable groups”, “Advocacy initiatives”, “Assistance to election process”.
Goal of the Project:
To organize and carry out Grant Administration for GIZ “Good Governance for Local Development South Caucasus” Program and UNDP beneficiaries contributing to women empowerment, citizen participation, data-driven planning, transparency and accountability in LSGs in different marzes of Armenia.
Results of the Project:
- At least 2 orientation meetings with beneficiaries are organized.
- Expert support to develop up to 20 grant projects is provided
- Up to 20 projects are funded and implemented by women involved in LGs in their communities.
- Up to 20 projects are successfully implemented and monitored.
- Up to 20 project reports are presented
- Visibility of up to 20 projects is ensured through online and offline methods (municipality website, FB pages, printing of a brochure demonstrating projects, etc)
- 1 final event is organized to present achievements, boost experience exchange, present challenges and lessons learnt.
“Support to provision of Grant Administration service for women empowerment” program is implemented by the NGO Center with the financial support of German and Swiss Governments in the framework of “Improvement of Local Governance system in Armenia – Phase 2” Program implemented by GIZ Good Governance for Local Development South Caucasus Program and UNDP.