NGOC is currently implementing Civil Society and Local Government Support Program (CSLGSP) in cooperation with Counterpart International funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program. NGOC began its activities in July, 2011.
The goal of the program is to increase informed and organized civic activism at the local and national levels, accompanied by more participatory, decentralized, efficient and accountable local governance, which leads to a more democratic society built on the foundation of improved quality of life through a participatory community development process.
CSLGS Program is to achieve the following results:
– strengthened capacity of government officials to improve service delivery
– completed community-driven development initiatives in 43 active communities
– improved citizen trust in local government
– created or enhanced sustainable mechanisms for civil society and government collaboration
– increased numbers of informed voters in elections
Within the framework of the above mentioned project NGO Center is responsible for providing logistical and administrative support for proper program implementation, grants financial administration and management awarded to 13 Youth Community Action Centers /YCACs/ and 14 Communities.
In the framework of this project 13 YCACs /Akhtala, Dsegh, Margahovit, Dilijan, Aygehovit, Gandzaqar, Koti, Akhuryan, Sarnaghbyur, Meghrashen, Bavra, Nor Kyanq, Haykadzor/ and 14 communities /Vanadzor, Alaverdi, Akhtala, Debet, Dsegh, Tsater, Ijevan, Dilijan, Aygehovit, Gandzaqar, Koti, Maralik, Akhuryan, Haykadzor/ will be awarded with grants for projects implementation for a three-year period.